On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I have installed 2.6.1 on router (Pentium-133 MMX) some time ago with 48Mb
> ram: proxy, routing, mail server, etc, for the biggest hospital in
> our 2 mln city. and its working great.
>
> So I recommend to use 2.6.x until you have some very old hardware (386SX,
> etc)

I would differ, we all know that kernels really become stable once they
reach at least x.x.10. So I would recommend that you stick with the good
old 2.4.x kernels till the 2.6 kernel matures a bit more and then you can
use it as a server. Please note that actually the 2.6 series is better
tuned for the desktop than the server in most situations.

Bye,
Grendel

--
Hi, I'm a signature virus. plz set me as your signature and help me spread
:)