Right !

I created two brand new partitions: /boot and /
Downloaded stage 1.
Did bootstrap successfully tonight.
Emerge system successful.
This morning emerge sync.
It asked for new portage.
Installed it ok.

I tried emerge -pv world and saw a lot of new things: gcc etc.
Emerge world ...
.. new gcc went ok ....
then ...
.... the process failed during update of linux-headers ( 2.4.21 ).
Now every binary I try on this partition fails with messages like:

$  man find
/usr/bin/gtbl: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open
groff: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory

I use NO ~x86 stuff, my opt flags shouldn't give any problems ...

Would the gentoo people mind keeping totally unstable stuff in ~x86 please ?????????
Filed a bug about this ..

--
Michele Alzetta