Hi,

On Monday 09 February 2004 04:08, Kurt Guenther wrote:
> I unemerged the bcm4400 driver.  The kernel driver is b44.  I verified
> that it was built and installed in
> /lib/modules/xxx/kernel/drivers/net/b44.o & I can insmod it.

these are the messages I have kernel-2.6.3-rc1 (`dmesg | grep b44`)
b44.c:v0.92 (Nov 4, 2003)
b44: eth0: Link is down.
b44: eth0: Link is up at 100 Mbps, full duplex.
b44: eth0: Flow control is on for TX and on for RX.

I had the same sort of trouble with linux-2.6.2-mm1 could not get a connection
but the rest seemed to work. my solution was simple: use another kernel.

> ??  It's still not working, so I must be missing something.  How do I
> get this configured, so that I can bring up my network interface correctly?

well, is your network working??
can you verify that the link is up? (either by looking at the leds or unplug
and plug the network cable and watch the kernel messages)

try to configure your network with a static IP (use an ip in the same range as
your dhcp server would give)

is your dhcp server correctly configured / working?

        Rudmer