hi,

my isp disables me in using ssh, so I'm forced to use telnet to remotely
access my computer. I'll try to change this, but for now I want to set
up telnet.

I emerged netkit-telnetd along with xinetd and added xinetd to the
default runlevel. in /etc/xinetd.d/telnetd I changed diabled = yes to =
no, so telnet's enabled with xinetd. now, when I access my telnetd using
telnet 127.0.0.1 I can login normally, without any problems, but when I
try to log in from a remote computer on my local network it says
'connection refused by foreign host'. ssh works over lan, but as I said
I need telnet to control my computer remotely.

am I missing something??

thanks in advance for any hints,
David