I think it should be a painless upgrade (for me, they're almost always painless) as long as you don't forget to run etc-update after updating and before rebooting. Anyway, take a look at the changelog to see if it's worth emerging the new version.

   Regards
   Jose

Chuck Mize escribió:

I noticed there is an update to xfree:

[ebuild U ] x11-base/xfree-4.3.0-r4 [4.3.0-r3]

But I haven't been using Gentoo long enough to know how messy it is to
update packages like xfree and gnome after I've finally gotten them
working the way I want them. Should this be a painless upgrade or should
I hold off?