On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 04:05, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
> ALSA does not build the OSS compat code into it unless OSS is set in the
> USE variable.  Is this the way we want it?

Somewhat tangentially,

If I have 2.4 system, built happily a year ago with USE=-alsa, and I
want to upgrade to 2.6 and switch to ALSA, then how do I approach that?

Switching the USE variable is obvious, sure :) [as is "configure ALSA in
2.6" - thanks] but I'm wondering how to reach through the package stack
and recompile that which needs recompiling.

AfC
Sydney

--
Andrew Frederick Cowie
Operational Dynamics Consulting Pty Ltd

Australia: +61 2 9977 6866  North America: +1 646 472 5054

http://www.operationaldynamics.com/