On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 06:47:39 +0600 (LKT)
Grendel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, The awesome and feared [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> commented...
>

> > well, I went back into the bios and took the drives off "auto" and
> > put the settings in manually, and I haven't had a problem yet, but I
> > haven't been able to duplicate the damn thing at all up to this
> > point. It's locked after a reboot, <blah blah blah>
>
> All the above point out that the machine fails while under load,
> several possibilites exist the common one is bad ram, please download
> memtest86 and try checking your memory.

Yeah, I knew I should have mentioned that I ran memtest86 for well over
12 hrs with no errors... =)

> As for the disk you can check
> it and see if there is a problem, but its unlikely todays IDE drives
> seem reliable beasts.

I'm going to find something to torture test this thing with and see if I
can lock it next week. If I can nail the problems to something, fine, I
can fix that, otherwise I will end up sending the board back. It's got a
warranty, and no one else seems to be having this issue.

--
We should have a Vollyballocracy.  We elect a six-pack of presidents.
Each one serves until they screw up, at which point they rotate.