On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 10:50, Tiago Lima wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have my / 9Gb partition full after emerging a large number of packages...
> What can I safely remove? I think my /var/tmp is responsible... with 2.5Gb...
> and with openoffice I guess...
Setting AUTOCLEAN="yes" will help minimise the diskspace taken up by
packages. From /etc/make.conf:

# AUTOCLEAN enables portage to automatically clean out older or
overlapping
#     packages from the system after every successful merge. This is the
#     same as running 'emerge -c' after every merge. Set with: "yes" or
"no".
AUTOCLEAN="yes"

Doesn't do much for you right now (but you have a few suggestions
already) but this will help prevent you filling up your disk again in
the future.

--
Cheers

Dg