Grendel,

> On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, Bob White uttered the following immortal words,
>
> The way I understood it the whole idea for the new cdrecord was to NOT use
> ide-scsi module as it is not being maintained and it is buggy. If I am
> mising something here please tell me.
>
> I had to explicitly specify "hdc=ide-cd" and the the /dev/hdc link worked
> ok.

I'm sure I don't understand!  I tried lots of different combinations, and the only
thing
that I could find that worked was to remove scsi support from the kernel and to put the
hdc=ide-scsi line on the kernel line in grub.  I'm using the 2.4 kernel, so that may
make the difference - I believe the support is better in 2.6.

What /dev/hdc link are you referring to?

Bob

--
A millihelen is the amount of beauty required to launch one ship.