* On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 16:28:27 -0800, Jayson Garrell wrote:

>> My setup exactly. Is this a kernel problem, something to do with my
>> hardware (i810), or aRts?

> I would say no on the hardware or kernel issue. I am running 2.4.24 w/
> sb-live card and I am seeing the same error.

I'd second this, as I encounter my problems described earlier on two
different machines (one AMD Athlon, one Intel P4) with two different
soundcards (i810 AC97 and Soublaster Live!), The kernel on theses two
machines is both times 2.6.3-rc2-gentoo, configured for every machines
needs. If you run into the problems with 2.4.x, too, it's very likely
not a kernel problem.

If there's someone two blame, I'd guess it's arts.

Regards,
Jens

--
Everything should be built top-down, except the first time.