Thanks Felix,

i managed to cut and paste only one line inside nano with your suggestion.
However what I intend to do is copy a portion of my genkernel.log in nano
and paste it to Sylpheed ( the only working email client on my system).
Also. I'm looking for a way to do so without X. Does anyone have a solution?

Alex