begin  quote
On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 07:53:58 -0200
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I have noip-updater in my system, but it is failling to
> update my ip at the no-ip.com. I found the following
> error message in /var/log/messages:
>
> Feb 14 07:52:33 gentoo noip2[14952]: Can't gethostbyname for
> dynupdate.no-ip.com
>
> It seems that gethostbyname is not working. Any reason
> for that?
>
> Any help?

Check that you have a working nameserver,  ( /etc/resolv.conf ).

"host slashdot.org" ,  if that doesn't return a good IP, you prolly need
to fix your dns server.  if that works, try "host dynupdate.no-ip.com"
might be a fluke on their nameserver-resolve.

//Spider

--
begin  .signature
Tortured users / Laughing in pain