On Sat, 14 Feb 2004, Barry Marler uttered the following immortal words,

> easy partition resizing), JFS (IBM's high-performance filesystem), the
> latest NTFS drivers, and more.

Please note that if you have a XFS partition then you will have to use the
xfs-sources instead, or use the 2.6 kernels.

JFS IBMs file system still doesnt seem to offer anything other than any of
the major journalling fs's.

NTFS drivers, well still NTFS is read only for linux i am afraid :( If you
want write access then the only tool I can think of would be
<http://www.jankratochvil.net/project/captive/>.

BTW I wonder if the windows code that has leak would have the source for
the NTFS file system, that would go a long way to develope a API and then
improve the kernels ntfs module.

People dont realise that this code leak is a blessing, we can analyse and
figure out previously hidden/unknown API's from the source code.

IMHO linux needs ntfs write support, with many people dual booting betweem
windows and linux.

Grendel

--
Grendels annoyance filter is so advanced it puts people to the killfile
even before they have posted.