On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 09:56:44 -0800 (PST)
Jakob "Schiøtz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I (finally) decided to try the 2.6 kernels, but I ran into a problem.
> X cannot start, I get the following messages in dmesg, and I only see
> the nVidia spash screen, then it is back in text-mode.
>
> atkbd.c: Unknown key released (translated set 2, code 0x7a on
> isa0060/serio0).
> atkbd.c: This is an XFree86 bug. It shouldn't access hardware
> directly. atkbd.c: Unknown key released (translated set 2, code 0x7a
> on isa0060/serio0).
> atkbd.c: This is an XFree86 bug. It shouldn't access hardware
> directly.

These messages were added to the later 2.6 releases.  The same condition
existed silently in earlier releases.  The messages are not critical on
my system, but apparently some people have non-working keyboards
related to this.

You need to check your/var/log/XFree86.0.log to see why X will not
start.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
gentoo 2004 2.6.3_r2 nptl udev