On Sun, 15 Feb 2004, Joseph A. Nagy, Jr. uttered the following immortal words,

> >>Do any of you folks recommend getting a Linux-based virus scanner? Since
> >>I'm doing some minor web hosting (mainly for Windows users) I've been
> >>thinking it might be a good idea but really am not sure if I should
> >>bother or not.
> >

> > I've heard good things about ClamAV.  If you're just doing webhosting it
> > probably won't be a big deal, though.
>
> Well that is true, but some of the folks that I host for use there space
> for file storage. I know one guy who's just going to be uploading
> documents so he can link to them in emails.

clamav is a excellent virus scanner for linux, its downside is that it
doesnt support removing viruses, you have to delete the file.

If you are running a http proxy and want to prevent your users from
downloading viruses then the best tool is clamav with dans guardian.

grendel

--
Grendels annoyance filter is so advanced it puts people to the killfile
even before they have posted.