On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Jason Stubbs uttered the following immortal words,

> Grendel's right in that you don't need to delete the partition and are able to
> re-format it with whatever file system you want. Though if you do it that
> way, you should also change the partition type from 7 (HPFS/NTFS) to 83
> (Linux).

Yes, unfortunately I had forgotten to do this step, and my linux fs
partition is still listed as ntfs. However linux doesnt seem to have any
problem mounting it at all. I guess that the partition type maybe for
identification purposes only?

Grendel

--
Grendels annoyance filter is so advanced it puts people to the killfile
even before they have posted.