On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 05:30:51 -0700
Scott Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've made my own tweaks to the omnibook, and been using this with
> great luck on my pavilion with 2.6.3:
> http://openpax.net/996-hpomnibook.patch
> which applies directly to the kernel, saving the hassle of using the
> original attempt at kernel integration which didn't work well with 2.6

Just idle curiosity (I don't have an omnibook).

Why is it necessary to "roll your own"?   Or is this patch something
concocted by kernel developers and not yet released?   Are the kernel
developers even aware of this problem (they should be)?  etc., etc.

I guess the point is: I hope this isn't just a one-off, and I hope that
a more standard approach will come from this!?

My $.02.

--
Collins Richey - Denver area
gentoo testing 2.6.3 nptl udev