Alec wrote:

Bastian Balthazar Bux wrote:

Dmitry S. Makovey wrote:

On January 4, 2005 02:11 pm, Bastian Balthazar Bux wrote:

the following is probably a starting point

LISTOFEBUILDS="uno due tre"
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=athlon-xp -fomit-frame-pointer" \
CHOST=i686-pc-linux-gnu \
CXXFLAGS=${CFLAGS}
LINGUAS=en \
VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia" \
ALSA_CARDS="intel8x0" \
PKGDIR="/your/path/here" \
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/your/path/here" \
USE="-* put your use flags here " \
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=~x86 \
FEATURES="autoaddcvs autoconfig distlocks sandbox sfperms" \
MAKEOPTS="-j1" \
/usr/bin/nice -n +19 /usr/bin/emerge --buildpkgonly --oneshot
$LISTOFEBUILDS

I suspected I would look similar but hoped there is more "standardized" way of doing things like that (I will need to do things like "emerge --update world" on main machine in order to build packages for smaller machines and it looks like it'll involve substituting /var/lib/portage/world and whoknowswhatelse...

cp /var/lib/portage/world /etc/portage/sets/web
vi /etc/portage/sets/web
VARS="bla bla bla" emerge /usr/bin/emerge --buildpkgonly --oneshot web

/etc/portage/sets/ contains personalized sets similar to world and system
hope that one has some better way to do it

I saw the GLEP on sets, but I wasn't aware that it was currently implemented? According to Carpaski it's not in Portage yet...

going test GLEP 21

# ls -d1 /usr/portage/games-misc/fortune-* > /etc/portage/sets/fort
# vi /etc/portage/set/fort
:%s/\/usr\/portage\///
# emerge -pv fort

Calculating dependencies
emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "fort".

#DAMN!!! you are right, it's still not implemented, I was assumed it was because of the presence of the sets dir.

workaround :
export PIPPO=$(cat  /etc/portage/sets/fort)
emerge $PIPPO

untill sets will be implemented