* Patrick Marquetecken <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005-01-05 15:28:15 +0100]:

> On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 13:38:39 +0100
> Jan Callewaert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> <snip>
> > > --
> >
> > I want to do something similar. I can't login immediately so I have to
> > pass via a gateway too. But if I execute the command as executed above,
> > I arrive back at the client:
> >
> > $ ssh -fNL 1234:targetmachine:1402 gateway
> >
> > I have chosen some arbitrary ports since I don't know if that matters,
> > and I don't have a clue what else to enter.
> > How can I get this right?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Jan Callewaert
> >
> dit you use [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Patrick

yes, I did. But Maybe I don't understand it completely. The goal for me
is to come straight with one command on my target machine and eventually
put it in ~/.ssh/config if that's possible. If I try to
execute those commands a second time, I get the message:
        bind: Address already in use
        channel_setup_fwd_listener: cannot listen to port: 1234
        Could not request local forwarding.
So the command has some effect, but I don't know which.
Atm I do this:
        $ssh gateway
        $ssh target

Jan Callewaert
--
If God had really intended men to fly, he'd make it easier to get to the
airport.