[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Manuel McLure <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Also, at some point you could *not* use the alsa-driver ebuild with
a 2.6 kernel at all, so inertia has held me here.

You mean it wouldn't work then but it works now, right? Because I use the alsa-driver ebuild all the time, and I'm making new kernels frequently, to test grsecurity patches. I made a new 2.6.10 kernel just this afternoon.

I'm making ALSA with the ebuild mostly by my own inertia.  Changing is
hard.  :)

What I mean is that the alsa-driver ebuild would not install, or install and not do anything. I understand that now the alsa-driver will actually build newer modules for the currently installed kernel, but I find the in-kernel ones to be sufficient.

--
Manuel A. McLure KE6TAW <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <http://www.mclure.org>
...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,