On 2005-01-09 02:11:40 -0800, John Lowell wrote:
> No, /etc/conf.d/local.start has no entries, just the commented-out
> boilerplate. Any other thoughts.

Sorry, I see that you mentioned that in your initial email.

What I really should have asked is:  Do you see the "[ ok ]" after
"Starting local...", or does the pause happen before that appears?

If the "[ ok ]" appears quickly, then (stating the obvious) something
after /etc/init.d/local is causing the pause.  It might be a problem
with /sbin/agetty or /bin/login.

Can you please send the contents of /etc/inittab and /etc/pam.d/login?

--
Daniel Westermann-Clark