If you don't need anything fancy, I would go for openntpd. Check out
the difference in size! Don't be fooled by the desription, it's not
only a server....

*  net-misc/ntp
      Latest version available: 4.2.0-r2
      Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
      Size of downloaded files: 2,480 kB
      Homepage:    http://www.ntp.org/
      License:     as-is

*  net-misc/openntpd