<quote who="Dan Barr">
> On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 19:15:57 +0000, Neil Bothwick
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 11:54:44 -0500 (EST), Nick Smith wrote:
>>
>> > i have one small problem now, i can only run it as root and
>> not
>> > as a normal user, is this how its suppose to be?
>>
>> chmod +r /opt/vmware/bin/vmware fixed that for me.
>
> I had to do the same, the initial permissions on the vmware
> binary are
> quite confusing. Not sure why they're set as they are. Bug
> maybe, or
> intentional?
>
> Dan

any ideas on how to get around the:

XFree86 direct graphics (DGA extension) initialization failed.
Cannot switch to full screen mode.

i cant get it to go full screen without that i guess, and gentoo
uses xorg, does xorg have a dga extension? im using an nvidia
card and i have glx loaded and composite. so it should work if i
could get around this dga thing....