On the server issueong localhost:631 in konqueror gets the console for cups,
issueing the <ip>:631 gets Forbidden...

Same thing from clients I always get forbidden. lpstat -a from clients gets
forbidden..

What am I missing?

Here is cupsd.conf on teh server again.

<cupsd.conf on Client Machine>

ServerName chiefnb.ptfd.org
Classification none
DefaultCharset UTF-8
DefaultLanguage en
Printcap /etc/printcap
PrintcapFormat BSD
RemoteRoot remroot
SystemGroup lp
ServerCertificate /etc/cups/ssl/server.crt
ServerKey /etc/cups/ssl/server.key
<Location />
Encryption IfRequested
Satisfy All
Order deny,allow
Deny From All
Allow From 127.0.0.1
Allow From 192.168.14.*
</Location>
<Location /admin>
AuthType Basic
AuthClass System
Encryption IfRequested
Satisfy All
Order deny,allow
Deny From All
Allow From 127.0.0.1
Allow From 192.168.14.*
</Location>
<Location /printers>
Encryption IfRequested
Satisfy All
Order allow,deny
Allow From All
</Location>
HostnameLookups Off
KeepAlive On
KeepAliveTimeout 60
MaxClients 100
MaxRequestSize 0m
Timeout 300
Listen *:631
AccessLog /var/log/cups/access_log
ErrorLog /var/log/cups/error_log
PageLog /var/log/cups/page_log
MaxLogSize 1m
LogLevel info
PreserveJobHistory On
PreserveJobFiles Off
AutoPurgeJobs No
MaxJobs 0
MaxJobsPerPrinter 0
MaxJobsPerUser 0
User lp
Group lp
RIPCache 8m
FilterLimit 0
DataDir /usr/share/cups
DocumentRoot /usr/share/cups/docs
RequestRoot /var/spool/cups
ServerBin /usr/lib/cups
ServerRoot /etc/cups
TempDir /var/spool/cups/tmp
Browsing On
BrowseProtocols CUPS
BrowsePort 631
BrowseInterval 30
BrowseTimeout 300
BrowseAddress 255.255.255.255
BrowseOrder allow,deny
ImplicitClasses On
ImplicitAnyClasses Off
HideImplicitMembers Yes
BrowseShortNames Yes

Mike

On Monday 10 January 2005 10:17 pm, Michael W. Holdeman wrote:
> One more piece of info.
>
> lpstat -a on the client results...
>
> lpstat: get-printers failed: client-error-forbidden
>

> Mike
>
> On Monday 10 January 2005 09:23 pm, Michael W. Holdeman wrote:
> > Even if this client is a laptop and is sometimes out of contact with the
> > LAN?
> >
> > I knew I was probably missing something... I have always had the clients
> > running cupsd and cupsd.conf files??
> >
> > So how do I print if I don't start cupsd?
> >

> > Mike
> >
> > On Monday 10 January 2005 09:05 pm, Sarpy Sam wrote:
> > > On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 20:20:34 +0000, Michael W. Holdeman
> > > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > > On the client machine you have to configure the /etc/cups/client.conf
> > > file not the /etc/cups/cupsd.conf
> > >
> > > --

Michael W. Holdeman