Marc Ballarin wrote:

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 19:40:12 +0100
Bastian Balthazar Bux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

not very lucky, I've tryed differents kernel sources with differents failures.
One seems to arrive from the linker, the other probably is a .config
issue.

Try to disable "Tracing thread support" (CONFIG_MODE_TT) and enable "Separate Kernel Address Space support" (CONFIG_MODE_SKAS). Both can be found below "UML-specific options". Do *not* enable "Force a static link". This always caused problems for me.

Tracing thread support seems not to be maintained very well. SKAS mode is
substantially faster, anyway.

If you follow this advise, you have to apply the patch from
http://www.user-mode-linux.org/~blaisorblade/patches/skas3-2.6/ to your
*host kernel* (newest supported kernel is 2.6.9 atm.).
This might be difficult if you are using -mm, though.

Regards

linux-2.6.10-mm3 Changelog start with:

ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.10/2.6.10-mm3/

- Largeish x86_64 update

- Big UML update.  Adds support for UML-on-x86_64.

:-))