Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 12. Januar 2005 13:42 schrieb ext Patrick Marquetecken:
Hi,

I have always used ext3 and now i'm trying a reiserfs partition, a bizar
thing is i can't execute my scripts there ...

/dev/hda10 /data reiserfs users,notail 0 0
man mount, search for "users".

HTH...

Dirk

What this means is that the "users" mount option is actually a concantation of several options that are implied (in the mind of the designers) when you allow a user to mount a filesystem. These additional options are also used when you mount with 'users', and one of them is 'noexec'.

The solution is to explicitly disable the implication by also using the 'exec' mount option in your fstab line.

HTH,
Holly, explaining because man mount can be a bit obscure.