Tim Igoe wrote:
Can't help you, but mines just done the same when i updated to 2.6.10-r4 and i'm using vesafb (vesa-tng) and I have an ATi card.

Copied the config, did make oldconfig and then compiled.

Tim

J. Patrick Campbell wrote:

is not working on my system.
I DO get a pretty 1280x1024 console but no graphics.
I generated the splash image using a cmd i found in a guide somewhere,
there are so many guides out there I can't find it again.
I have initrd compiled into my kernel.
Here's my grub line.

title=Gentoo 2.6.10r4
root (hd0,0)
kernel /kernel-2.6.10r4 root=/dev/hda3
video=vesafb:[EMAIL PROTECTED],mtrr,ywrap,vtotal:256
splash=silent,theme:emergence
initrd /boot/fbsplash-emergence-1024x768

I have an nvidia card using the latest ~x86 drivers in portage.

Thanks,

Patrick

Did either or both of you remember to re-run splashutils after compiling your new kernels to create an initrd for the new kernel?

Btw, the guide/page you presumably used is "Gensplash in 5 easy steps" at http://dev.gentoo.org/~spock/projects/gensplash/archive/gensplash-in-5-easy-steps.txt

which can be found on the author's (Spock's) homepage at http://dev.gentoo.org/~spock/ under the Projects=>Gensplash heading at http://dev.gentoo.org/~spock/projects/gensplash/ . There is also a how-to at Gentoo-Wiki.com, but naturally the author's own page is the first place to look.

Holly