* Dave Nebinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005-01-13 14:38:06 -0500]:

> Well, possibly you could unmerge them by completing the following steps:
>
> 1. copy the library files for the packages to a temporary location.
> 2. unmerge the packages.
> 3. copy the library files back to their original location (may need to do
> this from the livecd if the failures are as catastrophic as the other guy
> mentioned).
> 4. emerge coreutils (possibly with the use flags defined to explicitly not
> use acl/attr) to get a coreutils that does not have the dependencies.
> 5. remove the library files.
> 6. pray for no major catastrophes.  ;-)
>
> NOTE: I have no idea if this would really work, I'm just brainstorming.
>
> Dave

I can confirm that this works. I had however not made a backup of these
files so I had to boot from a lifecd and copy libacl.so.1 and
libattr.so.1 back into my system. Then everything worked fine again.

Jan
--
If God had really intended men to fly, he'd make it easier to get to the
airport.