On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 08:12:58PM -0500, John Dangler wrote:
> Can someone recommend a mail client I can load for commandline access?  I?m
> having some problems with a baseline backup and don?t want to load the X
> environment until I get this baseline backed up.  Thanks.  Any input is
> appreciated.

fetchmail  to get the mail from pop3/imap boxes
procmail for sorting the mail into the boxes
mutt as the mailreader
vim  as the editor
esmtp as the sendmail compatible MTA, it just relays the outgoing mail
      to your favourite SMTP Servers. You can user different SMTP
      Server

I use mutt as my primary client, no fancy X-Stuff. and if you are used
to it, you'll be REALLY fast, and won't miss it.

GreetZ from EastFrisia
  K.André Braselmann                       |  ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
  seeheader4details                        |  - against HTML email   X
"Never attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by incompetence."