On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 16:55 +0100, Patrick Marquetecken wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I must give a Gentoo course on paper by monday, so that we can give this
> course to the people of our helpdesk.

For a less sarcy answer:

I would presume that the won't be using emerge or other tools? I would
hope they're not because etc-update might give them nightmares.

I would say that the majority of what you are after is would be
analogous to RHCE(t) training and such.. in which case plagarise, er,
sorry..  look at their manuals.

Firstly give them background and a preamble about Gentoo, then

1) Get the used to bash and moving around the command line first.. get
them to understand the concepts of a file system and the heirachy. How
to use basic file tools like cd, rm, ls etc...

2) Get them to understand man!

3) Begin on secondary tasks like grep etc..

4) Functional tasks - like how to check the disk space, how to check
processes and cpu usage etc.. more specific areas for diagnoses (which
if it's a helpdesk is the name of the game)

Is this going to be purely command line?