On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 12:06 -0500, Ed Jabbour wrote:
> On Thursday 13 January 2005 08:20 pm, you wrote:

> > > I tried setting the key with the real key rather than a passwd,  and I
> > > get the same results as below - NOT READY.  I have no idea what else to
> > > set.  I tried the network out on a friend's mac, and It Just Works (c).
> >
> > Anything in dmesg?
>
> eth1: islpci_open()
> eth1: resetting device
> eth1: uploading firmware
> eth1: firmware uploaded done, now triggering reset . . .
> eth1: device soft reset timed out
> eth1: timeout waiting for mgmt response 1000, triggering device
> eth1: timeout waiting for mgmt response
> eth1: mgmt tx queue is still full
> <above msg a number of times>
> eth1: mgt_commit has failed, Restart the device
> eth1: mgmt tx queue is still full
> <above msg a number of times>
> eth1: prism54_set_txpower() auto power will be implemented later
> eth1: islpci_close()
>
> On the Gentoo forums, I've read about a "wireless hook" script that goes
> in /etc/conf.d/net.  I tried that, too, but "wireless.sh" could not be
> found, so "pre-up" failed.  I've changed the password to pure alpha; I've
> tried disabling WEP altogether.  I set essid to "any" with and without
> "preferred_aps".  I've tried setting iwconfig manually.  I even
> re-partitioned the disk and installed Windoze 2000.  The wireless works
> there, but that's hardly a permanent solution.  In short, I'm still stuck.

I have not seen in this thread what the card is. does it have linux
suport? does it support wep, and the number of bits of wep encryption
being used (there are some cards IIRC that do 40 bit wep only, others,
maybe including your AP, do 128 bit.

as someone else sugested try the whole deal without wep, if that works
move on to wep...

--
Nick Rout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>