Pupeno ha scritto:

Nobody really replied my questions in this mail, I'll make it shorter:
May I copy .kde3.3 to .kde and forget about this .kdeX.Y thing, or when KDE 3.4 comes, it'll mess up my configurations ?
Thanks.

no if u mask >=kde-3.4 ;)

I've emerged *only* kate from the new 3.4 splitted ebuilds and I found *only* .kde in my home after running it
don't know for sure what happen if u install the whole kde-3.4

Je DimanÄo Januaro 16 2005 18:23, Pupeno skribis:

Why do I have directories such as .kde3.2 and .kde3.3 ? As far as I know
kde only uses .kde, and that's why there's a symlink .kde to one of those.
Is this a gentoo thing ? What's the best way to get rid of it ? (ok, I
remove .kde, copy .kde3.3 to .kde and that's it, but, will anything modify
that ? will something not work ?).
I'm asking this because this already caused me problems. When updating from
kde 3.2 to kde 3.3, it seems .kde3.2 was copied to .kde3.3 and the .kde
symlink changed, but, some things such as the address book still had a
reference to .kde3.2, because they were opening .kde3.2/... not .kde/...
and that's mesy, I had to do a manual merge of both directories.
Thank you.
--
Pupeno: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.pupeno.com
Reading Science Fiction ? http://sfreaders.com.ar