Øyvind Lode ha scritto:

Hi all.

I'm fiddeling with USE Flags...
I'm now to Gentoo so I find these USE Flags a litte confusing.

I'm going to use my Gentoo box as a web server.
I'm no going to use X etc.

It has been suggested on gentoo-server list to use:
USE="-* berkdb crypt readline nls ssl tcpd zlib pam"
for a server, a lot of other use make u compile X, and the tree of dependancies is difficult keeped under control with many of them.

if u need mysql for php for example than you can use /etc/portage/package.use (read docs but it's easy)

alternatively at ufed you can read
/usr/portage/profiles/use.desc
/usr/portage/profiles/use.local.desc

I have read through a couple of docs but still not sure which USE flags I should setup in my /etc/make.conf

Do I need to put in a USE variable at all?
But I want my apache to support php/perl etc...

-Øyvind