Bastian Balthazar Bux wrote:

> Jesse Guardiani ha scritto:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I'm trying to set up a binary portage server for use
>>with `emerge -g`. It's set up, but I think there is
>>either a problem with my binary packages (created using
>>`qpkg -I -nc | & xargs -n 1 -r quickpkg` on the binary
>>server machine), or with my portage trees. I keep
>>getting this:
>>
>>[11:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:[/home/jesse]# emerge -g --update --deep world
>>Fetching binary packages info...
>>Loaded metadata pickle.
>>cache miss: 'x' --- cache hit: 'o'
>>ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
>>  -- DONE!
>>
>>Calculating world dependencies -
>>emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy ">=dev-libs/fftw-3.0.1".
>>

>>!!! Problem with ebuild media-sound/audacity-1.2.1
>>!!! Possibly a DEPEND/*DEPEND problem.
>>
>>!!! Depgraph creation failed.
>>Exit 1
>>[11:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:[/home/jesse]#
>>

> the problem is that dev-libs/fftw now is sci-libs/fftw , probably some
> packages still point to dev-libs/fftw and so it can't find it, blockink
> the whole emerge.
> Try to emerge first fftv on the client machine and then "emerge -g
> --update --deep world" (I think it not solve your problem)

I'm not sure if you meant that you think it will or won't solve the problem,
but fftv is already emerged on the client:

*  sci-libs/fftw
      Latest version available: 3.0.1
      Latest version installed: 3.0.1
      Size of downloaded files: 1,900 kB
      Homepage:    http://www.fftw.org
Transform (DFT)
      License:     GPL-2

I think I rebuilt it by hand when I first encountered the problem.

> or find the wrong ebuild and file a bug for it (with many tanks from all
> we)

Since I ONLY encounter this problem when using binary packages and since
I built my packages using `quickpkg`, I assume that the problem is in one
or more of those binary packages. Is there a way to extract dependency info
from binary packages so I can figure out which packages are looking for
dev-libs instead of sci-libs?

> alternatively you can emerge it and then make emerge think it's
> provided via /etc/portage/profile/package.provided

I'd prefer to rebuild the package(s) exhibiting incorrect deps.

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,