Hi

After trying to compile openoffice openofice on my 266Mhz laptop (Thinkpad 600) I am really wanting to get distcc to work!! Setup: 1 Athlon XP with gentoo and the laptop. Both same vintage of gcc and both with distcc (and distccd running).

When compiling any program I get the following error-message immidiatly after compilation begins:

"Could not run/locate 'i386-pc-linux-gnu-gcc'
distcc(####) ERROR: Compile [name of part] on 192.168.0.151 failed"

The IP is correct. I asume there is a problem compiling for the pentium 2 laptop on an Athlon XP? In the distcc HOWTO (http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/distcc.xml) my case seems to be one of cross-compilation, but according to the mini-howto (http://joetoscano.net/papers/distcc_howto.html) it is not.

Or is it simply editing a file somewhere? Can anyone give hints as to how I get further?

R.

Jacob Klitmøller