> i don't think just changing the ports could work.

...and, based on what you say next, this wouldn't help anyway:

> the way we had it set up before was that the smtp address was just
> relaying through smtp.comcast.net, that is what they are blocking, they
> can receive mail fine but anything they send is blocked and it doesn't
> come back to them either as not recieved.

So... just to make sure I understand, you can receive mail from the
outside world, but can't send?

* What was the reason for relaying through smtp.comcast.net? Why not
just skip that step? That might solve your problem...

* Are you using sendmail or postfix or qmail or something else?