I misdeleted all the files in my home directory by running
command "rm -rf *". As I know this won't delete hidden files
and directories. Luckily, I've made a backup of home
directory several days ago. so I copied all the files and
directories except those hidden ones back to my home DIR,
hoping everything to get back to normal. however, something
odd happened. when I start GNUCash, beep-media-player and
Gaim, none of them were with the preferences I had before. I
checked all the config files of theirs, and they were there.
it seems that they are not knowing that their config files
exist. why is this happening?