> > If you're a PHP guy you might want to stick with OSC, but even then I
> > would encourage you to switch to IC.  I have to admit I've never
> > delved into OSC and I don't know PHP (IC is a perl app), but now that
> > I've got it under my belt I feel like I have a huge leg up on every
> > non-IC website out there.
> >
> > IC is really just another layer between the code and the developer,
> > but it seems like if someone was building websites in, say: Perl,
> > HTML, and MySQL for a while, eventually they would want to write tools
> > (and a daemon) for the things they are doing over and over again so
> > they can save themselves time, produce highly readable code, and have
> > a really dynamic system in place.  IC is like that, but with a bunch
> > of different people developing it over about 10 years.  It's still
> > being very actively developed.
> >
> > Of course it's open-source, but I feel like I have 100% control over
> > every aspect of what I produce, and I have never had to modify the
> > core source files.
> >
> > - Grant
> >
> can you post some url's of some carts, from what ive seen it never looks
> as smooth and professional as OSC, and the live demo doesnt do it
> justice, it has nice features, but im going for look.
>
> thanks
>
> Nick Smith

You want look?  How's this:

<your html>
[loop menu]
<your html>
[/loop]
<your html>

All the ITL (Interchange Tagging Language) works like that.  You just
tell IC where and when you want what HTML, CSS, Javscript, or whatever
else.  Of course, there are tags you can use to draw things for you,
but I only use tags that define the where and when of my display code
(HTML, etc).

IC does all kinds of other stuff, this just the basics of display.

- Grant