Thanks Mike,

I ran through the list of commands you sent, on both the client and server, and added the following to /etc/export:

/export01 * (rw,sync)

Then I hop back onto the client and run the following command, and get the following error:

linna nick # mount -t nfs sylia:/export01 /mnt/export01
mount: sylia:/export01 failed, reason given by server: Permission denied

So, I'm closer! :) Do I need special permissions set up on sylia:/export01 in order to mount it? I am trying to mount it as root on the client, and only the subdirectories are readable by users.
Thanks for the help!

        Nick