050123 Sven K?hler wrote:
>> can anyone tell me briefly what the difference is
>> between Open Office (vanilla) & Open-Office-Ximian ?
>> i'm a long-time user of OO-vanilla compiled in full,
>> but thought i would try something different in hopes of learning.
>> the Ximian WWW site doesn't offer any explanation
>> & after emerging both (OO bin , OO-Ximian 4 h 30 m )
>> all i can see is a different set of buttons in the window.
> OpenOffice (vanilla) uses QT.
> Ximian/Novell has rewritten the GUI to use GTK,
> so if you're a gnome user, than you'd might like to test OO-Ximian.

well well !  you learn something everyday !  or several things ...
i had no idea it was a QT/Gtk thing.

i have enough of KDE installed to run the desktop (i don't usually)
& enough of Gnome/Gtk to run G-type apps, so it makes no difference here.

thanx for the enlightenment.
anyone have comments re performance, pros/cons etc ?

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : [EMAIL PROTECTED]