Some went as far as sticking their notebook in the fridge!

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=158739

--mel

Nicolas Bailey wrote:
I have a Presario 1500 as well and experience the same (albeit worse)
problem.  When it first started experiencing symptoms, I noticed
because itw ould shut down during large compiles.  I found that it
would hit 85 degrees C and then just kick off.  Blowing it out really,
really well gets the temps int he sub-74 degree range and everything
seems peachy.  Granted, that's only getting it as low as what you are
concerned about.  However, I've been operating this particular
computer for over a year at these temps with no problems (except for
having to take the time to spray canned air in every month or so).

Nick