On Mon, 24 Jan 2005, Neil Bothwick wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 22:06:13 -0500 (EST), A. Khattri wrote:
>
> > > It should.  Sounds like something is wrong with the file.  I don't
> > > remember any { in .config.
>
> > No { in any of my kernel configs:
> >
> > # grep { /boot/config-2.6.*
>
> Do you get the same error when you run make menuconfig with no .config
> file? It sounds more like the error relates to the makefile than .config.

Yes, it doesn't matter if I have a config file or not.
It certainly looks like a Makefile problem as speculated earlier.

The weird thing is Im not doing anything unusual - just the standard
emerge of gentoo-dev-sources...

--
meeces /mees'*z/ n.

 [TMRC] Occasional furry visitors who
   are not urchins.  [That is, mice. This may no longer be in
   live use; it clearly derives from the refrain of the early-1960s
   cartoon character Mr. Jinx: "I hate meeces to pieces!" --
   ESR]