Patrick Marquetecken ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) scribbled:
> I followed a virtual mail server howto in the forums, fetchmail - procmail -
> courier -imap - postfix - squirrelmail and it works perfect.
> The only question i have is, i'm gathering mail for years with sylpheed-claws
> in a maildir, it are several thousend of mails in sub dirs.
> How do i get them into the new mailserver, the server has also a .maildir but
> the filename of the emails are different.

I just switched from qmail to postfix and then renamed and moved all my
mail sud-directories around.  maildir files can be moved around without
worry, just stay consistent.  If it was in cur/ move it to the
corresponding cur/ in the new directory.  Same with new/ .

As usual, back up your collection before you moving stuff around.  Then
use it for a month or two before accepting that it went ok.

hth,

Cooper.