Douglas James Dunn wrote:

its not a headache as it works, i can easily make it work via a set of
nice little shell scripts.

On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 22:31 -0800, Daevid Vincent wrote:

Or you could just go to a used computer store and pick up a SBLive for like
$10 and save a load of headaches.

-----Original Message-----
From: Konstantin Selivanov [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Monday, January 24, 2005 7:34 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Two sound cards with ALSA

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:35:42 +0100, Rick van Hattem
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm not for 100% sure but I think you can redirect the sound via the
.asoundrc file, just make an alias that puts the output of

card1 to card2.

Thanks, i'll try to do something with .asoundrc

Just out of curiosity, why do want to redirect it?
Is it because hardware mixer support?

There was some hardware problem with my favorite sblive. Something happends with its output and now i can't use it (but card work in general). I actually may use second soundcard, but i prefer emu10k. Thus i need this redirecting to use second card just like output device.

(Sorry for my english)

I agree, there are always multiple ways of letting something work, ofcourse you can do it the easy way but there might be some other way that works too, sometimes better sometimes not.
But its nearly always educational so if you have the time to try why wouldn't you?

--
Rick van Hattem                 Rick.van.Hattem(at)Fawo.nl