[EMAIL PROTECTED] ha scritto:

Hi all,

It's time for a new computer and I'm interested in folks thoughts about
motherboards for Athlon 64 CPUs.  I intend to use SATA RAID1 via a 3ware
card.  The machine will be used for a workstation as well as a server
that I use to store applications to be installed on other workstations,
as well as disk images.  It will also be acting as a WINS server for
about 170 windoze boxen, and will be running Gentoo (of course!).  The
workstation duties will be fairly light, and I'm looking for something
that's good at kicking out lots of data to other workstations.

Cheers,
Dennis

tyan mobo work veeery well here, it also has a 3ware 8006 with 4 disk in a raid 10 configuration.
recently one disk of the raid has crashed, and 3ware has show very bad in rebuild the array with a new disk (google for it).
Read performances for a raid 10 are teorically 400% but I've measured them not to be more than 200% here.
I can assure that adaptec PATA raid are worst, and never tryed promise
have a good choice

francesco