I'm getting errors when backing up one of my servers to an rsync server
using rsync.

I am backing up four servers to this one rsync server. Two of them are
gentoo. The only one having problems is the one system i'm talking
about.

On the client side I see this error, after it's gotten well into the
backup. It seems to be a random point.

rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (5052622 bytes received so far)
[sender]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(359)

And on the server side:

rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 44 bytes: phase
"unknown" [generator]: Connection reset by peer (104)

The server rsync version is 2.6.3, as is the client. One of the other
clients which always succeeds (and has more data to transfer) is also
2.6.3. The other clients are lower versions.

Any ideas?