As Xfce4-2:s friendly manual[1] explained to me, I have to add "/usr/libexec/xfsm-shutdown-helper" to be accessed by sudoers; i.e., adding /sbin/shutdown doesn't do it for xfce4.

So I have the following in my /etc/sudoers -file:

-----------------------

Cmnd_Alias      SHUTDOWN = /sbin/shutdown, /usr/libexec/xfsm-shutdown-helper

myuser  ALL = NOPASSWD: SHUTDOWN

Without adding the xfsm-shutdown-helper it didn't work for me either, after I added it: no problems.
Hope it helps.

h: Kristian

[1] Most likely found on your local system as well, but an online version is available at, for instance, the following location: http://www.loculus.nl/xfce/documentation/docs-4.2/xfce4-session.html

Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
Nope.  I added

myuser localhost=/sbin/shutdown using visudo. I logged out, logged back in and still no options. Sudo is installed.

I left the %users localhost=/sbin/shutdown -h now commented as I don't want all users to be able to do this. What am I missing?