> Nothing.  But note that cron will mail the output to the job owner
> automatically, so there's no need to pipe the output to mail or
> sendmail unless your system isn't set up to get email to the job owner
> to your email address.  (E.g., if you run it as root, you ought to
> have root aliased to your account for email.)

I had assumed that the e-mail would be sent off-site (off the machine
that's running the command), which makes sense - otherwise, why
wouldn't you just run the command directly? <shrug>

Either way, the solutions are good - regardless of whether or not it's
a one-liner or a Perl script... but I like mine better. ;)