On Tuesday 01 February 2005 03:16 am, David Harel
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I want to convert a Perl util to C so I can run it on non-Perl machine.
> I do not know Perl (Hopefully never will).

So, what?  You think someone on this list just has a nice script to
translate Perl into C?  [They don't.]

It's non-trivial to move between most programming/scripting languages.
Perhaps, if the perl script is small, you might convince someone that know
Perl and C to translate it for you, but we generally get paid $20/hr. or
so, for crap like that.  [That said, I'm probably free if the script is
small...]

I've heard rumors that you can actually make a binary of a perl script.
(Then, you could run that binary on your non-Perl machine.)  But, I have
no knowlege in that area.

Also, perl really isn't that big or insecure (as long as you don't have it
suid) so why not just install it on your Perl-less machine?

Sorry if this comes off as some sort of "flame"; I'm really tired and
irriated and probably shouldn't be sending emails right now.

--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]