Patrick Marquetecken ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) scribbled:
> On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 14:41:34 -0500
> Jason Cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > <shameless plug>
> > http://lakedaemon.netmindz.net/dvd9to5/
> > </shameless plug>
> >
> > It removes the menus, uses one stream of audio (5.1), and adjusts the
> > quality just enough to squeeze the movie onto one 4.7GB dvd-/+r at the
> > highest quality possible.  I've backed up my collection (>100 dvds)
> with
> > it without problem.  It takes about 1.5 hours per dvd.
> >
> > Let me know if you have any questions.
> >
> > Cooper.
> >
> Thats it what I'm looking for, but how do i know how much titles, audio
> and subtitles.
> And witch different language there are.

Ah... there's the one small problem.  I haven't gotten up the energy to
handle subtitles.  It's not a cut-and-dry solution.

If you're willing to forgo subtitles, you can run 'tcprobe -i /dev/dvd'
and then pass the title number and audio track number to dvd9to5.pl with
'-t' and '-a'.  Most of the time (at least with American dvds) if you
want 5.1 audio, just './dvd9to5.pl' grabs the correct stuff.

### tcprobe sample output ###
(dvd_reader.c) ac3 en drc 48kHz 2Ch
(dvd_reader.c) ac3 en drc 48kHz 6Ch
(dvd_reader.c) ac3 es drc 48kHz 2Ch
(dvd_reader.c) ac3 fr drc 48kHz 2Ch
(dvd_reader.c) subtitle 00=<en>
(dvd_reader.c) subtitle 01=<es>
(dvd_reader.c) subtitle 02=<fr>
(dvd_reader.c) DVD title 1/1: 28 chapter(s), 1 angle(s), title set 1
[cut chapter list]
#############################

read as:
audio english stereo (stream 0)
audio english 5.1    (stream 1)
audio spanish stereo (stream 2)
audio french  stereo (stream 3)
subtitle english
subtitle spanish
subtitle french
1 or 1 titles, 28 chapters

If you figure out how to do the subtitles, let me know.  I'd be more
than happy to add it in, I just don't have the time to do it myself.

Cooper.